Available at Store
Portrait of P.D.Q. Bach (Vanguard CD-79399, LP-79399): An audio portrait consisting of three works of P.D.Q. Bach, each one representing a different milieu in which the composer spent some time, plus Prof. Schickele’s own quotation piece Eine Kleine Nichtmusik.
- The New York Pick-Up Ensemble, Professor Peter Schickele, conductor
- John Ferrante, bargain counter tenor
- Harris Poor, basso blotto
- Ransom Wilson and Diva Goodfriend-Koven, tape recorders, hand flutes, corrugahorn, nose flutes
- Early Anderson, trombonus interruptus
- Duh Brooklyn Boys Chorus, James McCarthy, director
- John Solum, flute
- Leonard Arner, oboe
- Lorin Glickman, bassoon
- Theodore Weis, trumpet
- William G. Brown, French horn
- Neal Di Biase, trombone
Missa Hilarious, S. N2O (P.D.Q. Bach)
 Angus Dei
 Eine Kleine Nichtmusik (Prof. Schickele)
 Echo Sonata for Two Unfriendly Groups of Instruments, S. 9999999999 (P.D.Q. Bach)
 A Consort of Choral Christmas Carols, S. 359 (P.D.Q. Bach)
Throw the Yule Log On, Uncle John
O Little Town of Hackensack
Good King Kong Looked Out
The lyrics for A Consort of Choral Christmas Carols featured on this album are printed in their entirety on a separate lyrics page to enable listeners to follow along and better understand what is being sung, even when everybody’s singing different things at the same time.
Cover image, audio clips and track listings are copyright © 1977 Vanguard Records and are used with the permission of Vanguard Records. Any other copying by other parties for other uses is not authorized.